Do you offer gift wrapping and/or gift shipping?
- All of our sampler packs are gift wrapped and other items will be gift wrapped pending availability. All of this is provided as a courtesy and is free of charge.
Does this pouch reseal? Can I recycle it?
- Yes, it does! And yes, you may. In fact, we encourage it.
Does this pouch stand up?
- Yes, this pouch was designed to be upstanding! :) Gently tear off the top or use scissors to cut across the bag to open. Once you open it, you can trap a little air inside and reseal tightly to shake the tea contents up. This will help you ensure that the bag's standing shape takes place. You can also use a spoon to push gently against the bottom of the bag to get it to puff out and stand up. It's a good idea to shake up the bag from time to time to ensure each scoop gets a lovely distribution of the premium ingredients.
How come my pouches arrived flat in the mail?
We ship our teas to be flat to ensure minimal exposure to air for maximum freshness of each tea blend. Flatness also ensures the tea pouches are less likely to be damaged in transit. You can puff up the bag by following the directions to stand up the pouch above. Don't forget to check the bottom of the bag, too. We have something for you there!
What's magical about these bags?
- When you receive your bag, check the bottom — each one has a special message for you :)
- The Silk Tea Co uses whole leaf tea (some parts may be smaller as part of the transport and blending process) blended with premium and hard-to-source ingredients, like honeydew, lychee fruit, and dates. A 2.5-3 gram spoonful of our fragrant blends is more than enough for cup, and you can use your filter of choice (paper, metal, mesh, ceramic).
- Scoop one heaping spoonful (3 grams) into your tea filter of choice. Boil water to 170ºF / 80ºC and gently pour over the tea. Steep for 3-4 minutes before enjoying. This tea is good for re-steeping and will unfurl different flavors over a few refill pours of water. Each spoonful of our whole leaf tea blend can yield 2-3 cups of delicious tea.
I'm a retailer, hotelier, and/or in the food & beverage industry. Do you have a wholesale program?
- Absolutely, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-212-321-5133 to receive information about our wholesale options. We'd be delighted to work with you on your application.
Huh, 25 grams doesn't seem like a lot!
- Fine luxury tea is a lightweight product. Our 25 gram packs of whole loose leaf teas will unfurl beautiful flavors once steeped. You don't need very much to make magic happen for your cup of tea. It may seem like a small amount, but remember most tea bags usually weigh 1.5-2 grams, enough to make an 8 oz cup of hot tea. However, they're mostly composed of tea particles, smaller bits from the plant instead of the leaf itself.
- We recommend starting out with a spoonful of our tea — 2.5-3 grams — per 8 oz cup of hot water. We encourage re-steeping as you can enjoy even more flavors from your tea ritual with an additional 2-3 pours of water. Adjust the tea quantity as you wish, it's all about what you desire!
- We even created a series of four-pack samplers with some savings for our customers, featuring four blends and 100 grams of tea for your enjoyment. Orders $50 USD and greater ship free in the US and globally orders over $75 USD ship free internationally.
- Shucks, we're here to create wonderful rituals for you. Thank you for your compliment, we would love to hear of your interest in our candle or fragrances. Please send us a note to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram @thesilkteaco.
How do you price your products?
- The Silk Tea Co creates exclusive blends which are the highest expression of the quality of our premium ingredients, our masterful blending, global sourcing, and combined years of experience in the tea industry. We produce our luxury teas in partnership with a fine European tea house in business for 184 years. And 5% of each purchase you make supports the elimination of violence against women through the UN Fund. Read more about your purchase's social impact.
I am not satisfied with my purchase, can you fix this?
- Most certainly, we must! We stand by our commitment to customer delight. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1-212-321-5133 and we'll get this sorted right away. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we're not able to process the return of teas, but we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will refund you. You can also opt for store credit.
I have an idea and/or a special request, can you help me?
- Absolutely! We would be honored. Please send us a note with any special requests to email@example.com. We will try our best to delight you.
You've made it this far in our FAQs. We reward the curious! Send us a DM to @thesilkteaco with the message "FAQ bonus please" for a bonus discount! ✨❤️